Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

backpacker in Camotes Islands



We recently took the role of a backpacker last weekend in the islands of Camotes. Unlike our previous trips I havent been myself before the trip (read: must have been burned out, enrollment is on the way). I doze off at 6pm the day before the trip due to exhaustion that I only brought 2 pairs of shorts and 5 tops including the one I would be wearin' on the way (its normally double). Plus, I forgot to bring a plastic bag for our wet clothes so we ended up using a sando bag, haha! Woke up at around 3am the following day and left the house at 4am and headed to Ouano Wharf.

















A view from the Ave Maria (the banca we took going to Camotes) Photo courtesy of my partner, Iris.



Yes, we have been waiting for this moment and here it is! A clear picture of the bridge. It was a dreading 3-hour trip and we got bored so we decided to look around the boat. Finally docked at Puertobello Port (in San Francisco) around 8:30 then the drivers swarmed around us asking us where we're heading.



















One motorcycle managed to follow us until we decided we will head to the resort first. Took a 30-minute motorcycle ride going to Santiago Bay Resort.
























The sun was scorchin hot!

















We were starving by then so we decided to hit the menu for breakfast while waiting for our room. The beach was so inviting that I wanted to cancel our tour and just bum around.

Started the tour at 10 under the scorching heat of the sun not to mention the dusty road. We were able to tour the entire municipality of San Francisco and even made it to Poro and Tudela thru the causeway.

















Photos from Mangodlong Rock Resort.

















At Lake Danao. (Thank you to whoever invented the timer!)

















I may look normal but before the photo was taken I hesitated to go inside Timubo Cave. The darkness and the thought of descending almost 20 feet below the ground freaked me out.
















I'm calmer on this second cave(Bukilat Cave) and even enjoyed posing.

















At Buho Rock Formation. If only I had a life vest I wont doubt jumping into the water.

















I was expecting to see the sunset. ;(


Had dinner by the beach under the stars. Even saw a falling star and an airplane that I have mistaken for a falling star. Hahaha! Both stared at the star plastered against the dark night sky. And I, still trying to figure out which is the Milky Way Galaxy ( I once read that you can see it clearly on a clear moonless night) ended up staring at the sky for too long instead. Someday, I'll have my own set of binoculars.


The next day, Monday was a bit gloomy but that didnt stop us from having fun.


















Haha! We either bring Piknik or Pringles on every trip



















And guess what? we saw a buhawi (for some reason, I cant name it as a tornado).

No comments:

Post a Comment