Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Finally!

Been dying to take a snapshot of the Moon. Although I dont aim for a NASA-like picture, at least I wanted it to be decent enough. By that I meant, something worth uploading. You see we go to work at night when the sun has just set on the west and we only get at least 2 nights out of the 52 weeks to do it. Added to that, the weather, sometimes, do not coordinate either and may I add that (according to Wikipedia) we only have at least  12.37 full moons in a year. So many odds indeed. So when we got a bigger lens last Christmas I couldnt wait to try it but due to a series of unfortunate events I eventually forgot about it.


Then earlier this evening when Iris was leaving for work she called me up saying to wake up as this might be one of the rare oppurtunity we could get a snapshot of the moon. So half-awake I went to the rooftop with a tripod on hand. I couldnt count how may photos I have taken just to get the shot I wanted. The guidelines I have read in the past no longer matter as it really didnt work at all! The moon looked like a lightbulb instead. What made it worst is that I have misplaced my glasses making it harder for me to see. I almost gave up but afer further tweaking I fiinally go it! So here it is my best shot of Luna so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment