Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

I love Abby!

So I just got home from work and I decided to browse online to look for Abby Sunderland but I ended u editing my blog instead and this is how it ended. Tsk. I miss the old layout.

Anyways, back to Abby. I have read about her from a news at the yahoo page about a teen trying to circumnavigate the world alone found in the Indian Ocean. Well, to make the long story short Abby Sunderland is a 16-year old teenager who aims to sail the world solo. The attempt, however, wasnt successful due to some mischief she encountered along the way. And most recently on June 10 when her boat, Wild Eyes, got dismanted in the Indian Ocean due to a heavy storm. Thank God, they found her the next morning courtesy of a Qantas Airbus 330 passenger jet.Its amazing how a person as young as her have such determination to pursue that goal. I made think of Alex McCandles again.



I'd have to say that her remarkable attempt is very timely on our Independence Day. It reminds us that we are free to do whatever we want and no should stop us from reaching our dreams. To know more about her you can check her official website or follow her blog which I just did! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment