Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Yummy Cheese Roll Story

Been ages that we haven't turned on the TV until we finally notice the box sitting on one corner and finally decided to switch it on. We were switching between channels looking for sensible TV program at 1 in the afternoon. Well what do you expect? A TV commercial caught Iris' attention instead. She know I like all sorts of bread, pastry, cookies - anything made of flour actually. So our attention was on this new product launched by Red Ribbon called the Yummy Cheese Roll.




I was mesmerized by the most delicate bread in the commercial plus the fact that it has cheese inside it. Yeah Imma sucker for cheese! Right then and there I couldn't wait to get out of the house and rummage the nearest Red Ribbon store for that roll. I even posted it on Facebook.



So we arrived at SM around 3pm hoping we could get a decent movie out of the free movie pass we got from work. I was hoping to watch Rio or The Roomate. But Iris backed out as she can't bare watching a movie in 3D, said it gives her headache. We then decided to go for some Japanese food at Tokyo Joes. I so love their Beef Misono. So the thought of the yummy rolls went away until I checked my Facebook.
 
Iris told me that she'd buy me a box if I get to have 10 people like a Facebook post in one hour. I was hesitant at first but I finally agree. At the back of my mind I thought I could always buy just one roll at 24php wether I win or lose the bet. My post went something like the one below.



 
 
At the end I was relieved to see 11 people liked my post before the cut off time. Hehe. I didn't ask for the entire box though. I thought that was just too much. To be honest I was a little bit disappointed on how it tasted. I was expecting the bread to be a little bit salty (or with atleast a hint of salt on it) but it came out too sweet for the cheese inside. The bread was very soft and the inside was (kind of) gooey, the kind that would flaten if you put something heavy on top of it. Not bad at all but I'd still prefer the cheese bread at the "suking panaderia". hehe. ;)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment